LaToya Mack, Keeping You Kuncous
This will not come as a big surprise but I say to hell with the newspapers! Just today advocates of the industry are lining up for their bailout stating to Congress that Google and Yahoo have 'robbed' them of needed and deserved revenue. WTF!? On the payroll, I mean bandwagon of course was Senator John Kerry who was chairing the Commerce subcommittee hearing, called it vital to "preserve the core societal function that is served by an independent and diverse news media.", what paper is he reading? Independent and diverse news...... That is what we lack in this country. Most people will be shocked to learn America is #30 for free press. Kerry is right if our society were exposed to an independent and diverse news media the Change Barack promised would be a reality in no time, no thanks to him of course. Let us review a list of big things the media has suppressed from unsuspecting (ignorant) Americans:
What if people knew the truth behind 911 and understood it was an INSIDE JOB planned and prepared for nearly 10 years before 2001? Then there would be no war in Iraq; no Patriot Act; No fake war on Terror that WILL NEVER END people and all civil liberties would be safe; the entire George Bush administration would be on trial for crimes against humanity; no New World Order; no black president (I know that is a big adjustment for some people.)
What if people knew there were no laws mandating they pay Federal Income Taxes? Instead of the same propaganda our news media feeds us about April 15, we could have universal healthcare, free high caliber education; free everything instead of paying interest on debt we did not authorize and DO NOT benefit from.
What if people knew the Federal Reserve is just as federal as Bank of America, before the bailout of course?
What would happen if people knew the true nature of our government? Maybe then, we could have a democracy!
I can only imagine no make that DREAM of how progressive America and her values would be if only there were independent investigative reporters taking up our issues and holding our leadership accountable. No that is not what we have when the major network stations are all owned by the same group of folks and they call it NEWS….? Interesting!
The solution for the news industry is clear, go non-profit or go home. NPR seems to do just fine and I actually learn things from their information free of celebrity gossip and the latest news on the American Idol contestants. When will capitalism apply to ALL INDUSTRIES in America and not just for the working class?
Senator Kerry I ask you sir, investigative reporting, Where is it happening; When because I KNOW I missed it, and by whom? You choose a network or publication and I can tell you there views without knowing a single editor. Let them fail! If they were providing a service that people wanted or needed then they would not be in this dilemma. It is completely ludicrous to think the new wave of technology should somehow take a back seat to allow the primitive newspaper industry to thrive. This is yet another example where those in positions to lead are completely out of touch with the need of their constituents. I guess we need to create an American Lobby for American Interest, like AIPAC to have our voices heard!
